Who doesn’t desire more mental focus, and better recall? Whether you are a musician learning a new score, a scientist pondering ways to clean up our planet, an artist desirous of painting with greater acumen, or a student cramming for exams, Alpha GPC, a nootropic (brain-enhancer, and sometimes written nutropic) may just be the brain-boosting supplement that propitiates better intellectual pursuits.
Boosting Brain Power with Alpha GPC
Naturally occurring in the human brain, Alpha GPC (alpha glycerophosphocholine), is derived from soy extracts, but can also be found in egg yolks and milk. It has been used in Europe as a treatment for Alzheimer’s and dementia. In the US, it is only available as a dietary supplement.
Should you decide to boost your brain power with Alpha GPC that is soy-derived, make sure it comes from a non-GMO source, since soy is one of the largest GMO crops in the US. Nonetheless, soy phospholipids in Alpha GPC have some interesting effects on our overall biochemistry. Alpha GPC:
- Delivers choline across the blood brain barrier very rapidly.
- Seems to increase a chemical in the brain called acetylcholine. This chemical supports better memory and overall brain functioning.
- Greatly stimulates the cognitive areas of the brain. When there is a predominance of Alpha GPC, phosphatidycholine, necessary for nerve, muscle and cell health is synthesized more easily by the body.
- Supports greater physical activity by supporting cholengeric transmissions. New studies prove that more physical activity can make you smarter, and this nootropic supports that by providing more energy.
- The phospholipids also greatly support the liver in its lipotropic functions, which means it can more easily get rid of the excess toxins caused by consumption of fats, alcohol, complex carbohydrates and other undesirable substances we ingest or absorb through the environment. A toxic liver usually means a toxic body, which includes impaired cognitive functioning.
- Helps to boost human growth hormone (HGH) which begins to decline as soon as we begin puberty. HGH is made in the pituitary gland and governs many important functions of our body, including making sure we keep muscle mass as we age and ensuring strong bones. HGH could also slow the aging process in general.
- Supports better brain and nerve communication. Soothed brains becomes more agile.
As long as you pick a good supplement or derive your Alpha GPC from natural sources, you can enjoy greater brain power with no side effects (though everyone is different).
Support natural health: checkout the new Natural Society Natural Health Clothing Line today and fund the message of organic living through our exclusive new designs!
Christina Sarich is a humanitarian and freelance writer helping you to Wake up Your Sleepy Little Head, and See the Big Picture. Her blog is Yoga for the New World. Her latest book is Pharma Sutra: Healing the Body And Mind Through the Art of Yoga.