You know all those biotech shills who still claim that there is no ‘science’ behind anti-GM claims? What if millions of members (PDF download) of the global medical community disagreed? There is no consensus on the safety of GMOs, though numerous organizations believe that they should be labeled at the very least.
As Environmental Sciences Europe explains:
“For decades, the safety of GMOs has been a hotly controversial topic that has been much debated around the world. Published results are contradictory, in part due to the range of different research methods employed, an inadequacy of available procedures, and differences
in the analysis and interpretation of data. Such a lack of consensus on safety is also evidenced by the agreement of policymakers from over 160 countries – in the UN’s Cartagena Biosafety Protocol and the Guidelines of the Codex Alimentarius- to authorize careful case-by-case assessment of each GMO by national authorities to determine whether the particular construct satisfies the national criteria for ‘safe.’”
Without a label, there is no traceability, no accountability, and no liability. Likely the way that Monsanto, Dow, Syngenta and others want it. But this is certainly not something we have to accept. GMO labeling is, in fact, doctor-recommended.
Read: The 64 Countries that Require GMO Labeling
Who exactly recommends GMO labeling, at the very least? Check out this list of some organizations, many of which collectively represent more than 8 million individuals:
- 1. American Public Health Association
- 2. British Medical Association
- 3. Australia Public Health Association
- 4. Bundesärztekammer (German Medical Association
- 5. National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- 6. Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- 7. California Medical Association (CMA)
- 8. Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses & Allied Professionals
- 9. Ontario Public Health Association
- 10. Viennese Doctors’ Chamber (Ärztekammer für Wien)
- 11. Illinois Public Health Association
- 12. American Nurses Association
- 13. Indiana State Medical Association
- 14. American College of Physicians
- 15. Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- 16. Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE)
- 17. American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
- 18. Washington State Nurses Association
- 19. Dignity Health
- 20. Physicians and Scientists for Responsible Application of Science and Technology
- 21. Physicians and Scientists for Global Responsibility (PSGR)
- 22. Health Care Without Harm – Healthy Food in Health Care program
- 23. Irish Medical Organization
- 24. Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- 25. Physicians for Social Responsibility
- 26. Council For Responsible Genetics
And the list goes on – it is replete with doctors, nurses, public health officials, and even geneticists. Yet Monsanto, Dow, Syngenta, Bayer, etc want us to believe there is no science that proves GM foods are questionable? All those doctors, nurses, and health workers must be confused.
We aren’t mistaken, though. GM foods need to be labeled so that they can be avoided by those who don’t want to eat potentially carcinogenic, spontaneous abortion, organ-damaging crops.
8 thoughts on “26 Organizations that Support GMO Labeling”
Thank you Christina for putting together this list. Where are you at on this one GMO ROBERTS? Um, wait, I mean MR. MONSANTO ROBERTS. So are these organizations just confused, MR. MONSANTO ROBERTS like you claim for the rest of us NON-GMO’ers? And Skeptologist, does having 26 legitimate health organizations account as an anecdote or are the denial spectacles still blocking you?
I think he has nothing to say for once.
Of course Mr. Monsanto Roberts couldnt resist posting and sidestepping. How else is he going to get paid by his biotech company
Sorry to disappoint you Mikey, I mean John boy, but I’ve had to much work to do helping my customers get their gmos planted for yet another bumper crop.
What about the article Mr. Monsanto Roberts. What about those 26 legitimate health organizations? So all them doctors on these health organizations wrong? Where are you at on the issues here Mr. Monsanto Roberts. I am still waiting to meet this Johnny. Are you lying to me, Mr. Monsanto Roberts about this Johnny. Oh wait, lying for you is nothing past your tactics. Please please however enlighten us with your wisdom on this article and all them doctors and organizations.
I bet the list for bans would be a lot larger!
I found out an earlier, Chipotle Restaurant is not 100% non-GMO yet, because it still getting meat products that is still has GMO feed in them.
Labeling is the wrong fight. GMOs need to be banned outright, no exceptions at all, ever. And those responsible (those from biotech and the government agencies that allow it) for unleashing that WMD on the world, needs to be on trial for crimes against humanity.