Did you ever wonder what Olympic athletes may be supplementing with for their health? In addition to training extremely hard, these athletes also provide their body’s with a health-boosting supplements and food. One such supplement that has gained some exposure is olive leaf extract, a supplement Olympic athlete James Magnussen praised for treating a pre-meet sickness curse.
In past events, Magnussen was stricken with various health problems. The athlete came down with pneumonia before the world championships gold in Shanghai of last year, and experienced a chest infection in Adelaide this year. But just a month ago at the Manchester Aquatic Centre, he openly attributed his good-health to a supplement known as olive leaf extract.
“I should definitely go quicker than the trials. Being 100 per cent healthy is a huge bonus and relief…If I was to break the world record in the relay, I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t keep up the energy and mental state to break it again in the individual. I certainly don’t plan to go slower in the individual…This is going to be exciting and different, going in healthy,” said Magnussen, ingesting a small bottle of olive leaf and probiotic mix – even if he didn’t do all that well.
Benefits of Olive Leaf Extract
- Colds and ‘flu
- Herpes infections
- Epstein Barr
- Chest/lung infections (bacterial pneumonia)
- Food-borne illnesses (food poisoning)
- Lymes disease (transmitted by ticks)
- Some forms of pinkeye
- Candida Albicans
- Athlete’s foot
- Protection against radiation from x-rays and UV radiation from the sun
Before going out and buying some olive leaf extract, however, you can take advantage of a similarly effective supplement with less effort due to a recent promotion.
1-stop-health-shop in conjunction with UK Health Radio, Europe’s first health radio, is giving away 15 months worth of probiotic Papaya 35 MultiplyPLUS liquid to 5 lucky Natural Society readers.
- 1st prize is 5 months worth of probiotic Papaya 35 MultiplyPLUS liquid
- 2nd prize is 4 months worth of probiotic Papaya 35 MultiplyPLUS liquid
- 3rd prize is 3 months worth of probiotic Papaya 35 MultiplyPLUS liquid
- 4th prize is 2 months worth of probiotic Papaya 35 MultiplyPLUS liquid
- 5th prize is 1 months worth of probiotic Papaya 35 MultiplyPLUS liquid
All Natural Society readers can participate. All you have to do to enter is go to UK Health Radio and answer one easy question. The 1-stop-health-shop’s free world wide shipping policy also applies for this competition. The draw will take place on the 15 September 2012, so don’t wait, register now to win.