Strep throat is a very common problem, driving countless individuals to see a doctor for antibiotic treatment. But as with virtually all other problems, no drugs are required for strep throat treatment. In fact, there are rather simple and natural solutions for staving off and treating a case of strep. Unfortunately, the medical establishment can’t have you recognizing these ridiculously simple solutions for the problem, however, as drug sales and subsequent profit would take a nosedive. To avoid pharmaceutical treatment, you must learn how to treat strep throat naturally yourself.
First, it’s important to know the symptoms of strep throat. Here is a list of symptoms before moving forward:
- Sudden and intense sore throat
- Yellow and/or whiteness in the throat
- Pain and/or difficulty swallowing
- Swollen tonsils or lymph nodes in the neck or throat
- Fever over 101 degrees fahrenheit (38.3 celcius)
Strep Throat Treatment Gone Wrong – Resorting to the Doctor for Questionable Pharmaceuticals
As mentioned, with strep throat (which is contagious) comes some rather painful and uncomfortable symptoms. Symptoms like a sever sore throat, difficulty swallowing, body aches and a high fever are enough to ignite a doctor visit if you don’t know of any solutions. Unfortunately the medical establishment’s solution to all health-related problems is simply to prescribe a drug that may be loaded with side effects. Why learn of natural methods for strep throat treatment? The heavy use of antibiotics, which are always prescribed to treat strep throat, are perpetuating illnesses impossible to treat. Further, antibiotics are over-prescribed for sore throats specifically.
If you want to know how to treat strep throat naturally and avoid questionable prescription drugs, begin implementing and experimenting with the following solutions; you can take care of strep throat naturally and with very little or even no potential side effects.
Solutions for Strep Throat – How to Treat Strep Throat Naturally
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Perhaps the most effective method for strep throat treatment and known to help the body recover from countless conditions, apple cider vinegar really is an amazing liquid that could rid you of throat problems. Adding on to the many benefits of apple cider vinegar, you can help treat strep simply by gargling with the liquid after it has been diluted in a glass of warm water. The amount of ACV used may vary from person to person, but using 1-3 teaspoons in 8oz of water may be enough. You could always use a different amount, such as 1/4 cup of ACV in 16oz of water. This solution could work in as little as 30 minutes, but don’t be worried if it takes a bit longer. If you enjoy or can handle the taste, try mixing it with some water and sipping it throughout the day. Use raw organic apple cider vinegar with “the mother” for optimal results.
- Vitamin C – Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat.
- Cayenne Pepper – Next to apple cider vinegar, cayenne is also one of the most revered natural remedies for strep and sore throat. Try taking some cayenne and mixing it in a small amount of water, or simply utilize the powder on its own. Then dip a Q-tip or some other usable brush into the solution and dab it on the back of your throat. You could also make a paste out of raw organic honey and cayenne pepper by mixing about 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper with the honey, and then rub the paste on the back of your throat – the health benefits of honey are also incredible. Alternatively, you could use fresh lemon juice for the mixture instead of warm water or honey.
The best part about the above options for strep throat treatment is that they also boost overall health – quite the opposite of pharmaceutical drugs. Now that you know how to treat strep throat naturally, it may be time to chuck the prescription drugs and start bringing natural solutions into your life. Please share your experiences with others, and what has worked and hasn’t worked for you.
Note: Strep throat can be a more serious issue for children. If nothing seems to work, don’t hesitate to seek some medical attention.
Google Plus Profile | Mike is the co-founder, editor, and primary researcher behind Natural Society. Studying the work of top natural health activists, and writing special reports for top 10 alternative health websites, Mike has written hundreds of articles and pages on how to obtain optimum wellness through natural health.