Strep throat is a very common problem, driving countless individuals to see a doctor for antibiotic treatment. But as with virtually all other problems, no drugs are required for strep throat treatment. In fact, you may be able to use some simple and natural solutions for staving off and treating a case of strep. Unfortunately, not all of us know about these reported fixes, but here you can learn how to treat strep throat naturally.
First, it’s important to know the symptoms of strep throat. Here is a list of symptoms before moving forward:
- Sudden and intense sore throat
- Yellow and/or whiteness in the throat
- Pain and/or difficulty swallowing
- Swollen tonsils or lymph nodes in the neck or throat
- Fever over 101 degrees fahrenheit (38.3 celcius)
Strep Throat Treatment Gone Wrong
As mentioned, with strep throat (which is contagious) comes some rather painful and uncomfortable symptoms. Symptoms like a sever sore throat, difficulty swallowing, body aches, and a high fever are enough to ignite a doctor visit if you don’t know of any solutions. But here’s the problem: a sore throat isn’t always strep throat.
Unfortunately, the over-prescribing of antibiotics has been a huge issue for years. When antibiotics are over-prescribed and not taken properly, we start to see a surge in antibiotic-resistant bacteria which can no longer be taken out by antibiotics.
One example of this can be seen when individuals go to a doctor with a sore throat, only to be given antibiotics to mend the issue – just in case it’s strep. But what we’ve found is that these sore throat cases are often not strep throat. The result? Over-prescribing.
The heavy use of antibiotics, which are always prescribed to treat strep throat, are found to be perpetuating illnesses impossible to treat.
If you want to know how you might be able to treat strep throat naturally, begin implementing and experimenting with the following solutions.
Potential Solutions for Strep Throat – How to Treat Strep Throat Naturally
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Perhaps the most effective method for strep throat treatment and known to help the body recover from countless conditions, apple cider vinegar really is an amazing liquid that could rid you of throat problems. Adding on to the many benefits of apple cider vinegar, you can help treat strep simply by gargling with the liquid after it has been diluted in a glass of warm water.
The amount of ACV used may vary from person to person, but using 1-3 teaspoons in 8oz of water may be enough. You could always use a different amount, such as 1/4 cup of ACV in 16oz of water. This solution could work in as little as 30 minutes, but don’t be worried if it takes a bit longer. If you enjoy or can handle the taste, try mixing it with some water and sipping it throughout the day. Use raw organic apple cider vinegar with “the mother” for optimal results.
- Vitamin C – Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat.
- Cayenne Pepper – Next to apple cider vinegar, cayenne is also one of the most revered natural remedies for strep and sore throat. Try taking some cayenne and mixing it in a small amount of water, or simply utilize the powder on its own. Then dip a Q-tip or some other usable brush into the solution and dab it on the back of your throat. You could also make a paste out of raw organic honey and cayenne pepper by mixing about 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper with the honey, and then rub the paste on the back of your throat – the health benefits of honey are also incredible. Alternatively, you could use fresh lemon juice for the mixture instead of warm water or honey.
The best part about the above options for strep throat treatment is that they also boost overall health – quite the opposite of pharmaceutical drugs. Now that you know how to treat strep throat naturally, you can start bringing natural solutions into your life. Please share your experiences with others, and what has worked and hasn’t worked for you.
If you decide to try these home remedies and nothing seems to be working, please do not hesitate to see your doctor for a antibiotic prescription – antibiotics are the first line of treatment for strep, and it works.
Important Note: This information is for educational purposes, and is not meant to replace advice from a doctor. While many people may want to try different home remedies and natural solutions before turning to conventional medicine, we still do recommend that you seek professional medical attention.
||Mike is the co-founder, editor, and researcher behind Natural Society. Studying the work of top natural health activists, and writing special reports for top 10 alternative health websites, Mike has written hundreds of articles and pages on how to obtain optimum wellness through natural health.