Ringworm, also known as tinea, is a health issue characterized by a red, itchy, unattractive ring that appears on the body. The issue is actually a contagious fungal infection (has nothing to do with worms) that can appear on the body, feet, groin, scalp, nails, or even beard. While ringworm treatments most often consist of creams and ointments found at your local pharmacy, there are indeed a number of natural home remedies for ringworm which people have been utilizing for countless years.
Some Home Remedies for Ringworm
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Adding on the the truly countless apple cider vinegar cures, this magical substance can also be used to treat ringworm. Simply apply ACV to the ringworm throughout the day, and ingest the liquid throughout the day in water (this will boost overall health and help to rid your body of the ringworm). Some people have also found combining ACV with 99.9% DMSO to be an effective solution. Try a 1:1 radio, such as a teaspoon of each.
- Garlic – Garlic is an amazingly beneficial, antifungal food that has been used for countless health ailments, including ringworm. Simply peel a clove, cut the garlic into thin slices, apply it to the ringworm, and cover the area with a band-aid overnight. You could also try crushing it then applying, or simply rub the slices over the area. Further, you can apply the garlic throughout the day. (Be sure to check out other garlic benefits).
- A Natural Product to Remove Fungal Organisms – In addition to the solutions that can be found within your local grocery store, there are also some natural (and less often organic) products out there. Two products worth considering are Mycozil™, and Paratrex™ – both of which are developed by Dr. Edward Group. These products are designed to rid your body of yeast and fungal organisms, as well as parasites. Both are viable natural options before turning to pharmaceutical medications.
- Black Walnuts – A home remedy passed down from long ago, cutting open and rubbing juice from the green skin of black walnuts may be an effective ringworm treatment. Simply peel green outer hull off and rub the ringworm with the inside of the hull; within a few days, the problem should begin to disappear.
- Colloidal Silver – A natural antibiotic that destroys hundreds of harmful microorganisms, colloidal silver can be used topically to get rid of ringworm. Simply spray, or tab colloidal silver on the ringworm using a sterile pad.
- Lavender Oil- Adding on to the home remedies for ringworm, lavender oil is another substance with potent anti-fungal effects. Research even shows how the oil not only stops the growth of fungi, but kills fungal infections such as ringworm, Athlete’s foot, and candida albicans.
In the end, you may turn to an anti-fungal cream or ointment to treat your ringworm problem, but before you do, why not give some of these natural ringworm treatments a try.
Other Ringworm Treatments
- Organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Ozonated olive oil paste
- Oregano oil
- Daily probiotics (to be taken along with whichever treatment you pursue)
- Fig leaves – Cut open a leaf and rub the milk or sap on the ringworm.
- Neem oil – Used in Ayurvedic medicine, neem is effective against fungal conditions
- Turmeric – Apply juice of raw turmeric to the ringworm throughout the day. Further, ingest a teaspoon of turmeric juice and honey mixed together daily.
Although there may be other home remedies for ringworm, the above solutions are among the most popular. Don’t forget to share your experiences and what works or doesn’t work for you.
Google Plus Profile | Mike is the co-founder, editor, and researcher behind Natural Society. Studying the work of top natural health activists, and writing special reports for top 10 alternative health websites, Mike has written hundreds of articles and pages on how to obtain optimum wellness through natural health.