You’ve likely already seen the numerous photos and videos of the Black Friday madness captured earlier today, but one thing you may have not considered is what this means for our future. It’s important to remember that these people are not fighting over essential items like food, clothing, or shelter. Instead, they are going as far as to shoot and run each other over in order to secure a purchase of some electronics or similar items that are usually only $50 off or so.
And for a minor $50 off of a still highly expensive flat screen TV with the latest gadgets, Black Friday shoppers are willing to do anything.
Black Friday Madness Turned Survival Over Essential Goods?
Now imagine what this means for any real struggle for essential goods. Goods like food, water, clothing, shelter. These Black Friday madness partakers, who already display animal-like frenzy towards their fellow humans, will become ever more wild than ever before. We saw it with Hurricane Sandy, where citizens of New York were in fist fights over gasoline and facing looters without power or cell phone coverage. Some are even still affected.
I’m not trying to scare you. In fact, the videos detailing the shooting, looting, and killing during Black Friday are the scary things here. And with an adequate supply of food and water for you and your family, there’s no reason to be scared. It’s also quite simple, and you have the tools to begin doing so in small increments over time. I recommend the article written by our writer Andre Evans on the 8 essential preparedness skills, which are:
- Food storage – high quality foods that will last for 10+ years that you can utilize in the event of an emergency. Checkout the 4 cheap foods to store forever.
- Water storage – purified water and a water filtration device that can provide for 1 gallon per person each day
- Home gardening – a long-term skill to enable you to provide your own food over time
- Readiness health kit – be sure to have your essential supplies such as bandages and wraps, but don’t neglect powerful superfoods and tinctures like turmeric and oregano oil
- Power – whether it’s a generator or an off-the-grid solar panel system, power may be a powerful resource
- Hard money – don’t expect to trade cash for food in the event of an emergency. It will come down to a bartering system and it’s important to have something of value
- Readiness relationships – connecting with others who are preparing will help almost more than anything else on the list. It is through community interaction that you can ultimately support each other
Anthony is a natural health and human empowerment writer, speaker, and entrepreneur whose writings have appeared in #1 USA Today and Wall Street Journal Best-Selling books and top 100 websites. After overcoming Lyme Disease and nerve-related facial paralysis, Anthony's work now reaches several million readers per month through his highly prolific group of social media pages and websites. Focused on self-development techniques and living a healthy lifestyle, Anthony currently sits on the Advisory Board to Natural Society in addition to managing and directing several other companies dedicated to enhancing social good. Anthony's work routinely appears on both alternative and established websites and television programs alike, including Drudge Report, Thom Hartmann, Simple Reminders, RT, Infowars, Michael Savage, Gaiam TV, and many others.