A woman’s reproductive system is a complex and fascinating thing. While it has been under attack in the modern world by a number of toxins (GMOs, pesticides, herbicides, chemtrails, high-stress levels, BPAs, etc.) there is an ancient supplemental herb that women have turned to for thousands of years that helps to promote reproductive balance. The herb, Shatavari, translates from Sanskrit to mean, “the cure for one hundred diseases.” Here are some of the reasons why.
The active plant phenols in shatavari, a plant that looks like a combination between asparagus and a fern, create an anabolic action in the body. It can be found in the tropical areas of Asia, India, Australia, and Africa, and is actually from the asparagus family.
The anabolic action of the plant is also extremely healing. (There is a great Youtube video explaining anabolic/catabolic action here.) The anabolic action is related to the feminine response in the body and the catabolic is related to the male response in the body. When these actions are balanced, then the reproductive system and hormonal system can work as they should.
Here are some specific things that the shatavri herb accomplishes:
- Shatavari helps women to release extra water weight gained during menstruation.
- It increases the abundance of breast milk for mothers.
- It supports women that have had a hysterectomy by rebalancing hormones.
- Shatavari helps to balance the pH levels of the vagina; cleansing dry membranes so that fluids are balanced entirely.
- Fertility rates increase with Shatavari use since it nourishes the ovum.
- Shatavari can be used by males to reduce impotence. It can also help increase affection felt between two partners.
- Shatavari’s isoflavones, soluble fibers, and complex sugars help with digestion.
- Shatavari aids in treating heartburn and colitis.
- Shatavri is a cooling herb and can help diminish a fever, reduce inflammation, and even reverse stomach ulcers.
- The herb can fight cholera, typhoid fever, dysenteriae, E.coli, and Staphylococcus aureus. These bacteria can cause diarrhea and vomiting.
- This amazing herb also helps to relieve stress. It creates a positive immune response within protecting it from the damage that accompanies stress and the hormones they release.
Shatavari has adaptogenic, immunomodulator, diuretic, sexual tonic, galactogogue (promotes breastmilk flow), demulcent, antibacerial, digestive, and antioxidant properties. It truly is a reproductive tonic every woman should consider.