By: Dr. James Chappell
According to the FDA, you should always seek medical advice from your orthodox medical doctor before attempting any natural healing protocol. If you do, I suggest you find one that knows what natural healing is and how it works using herbs, nutraceuticals and other adjunctive remedies. Only practitioners using drugs are allowed to claim they treat, prevent or cure disease. Natural healing practitioners may not make that claim even if their protocols actually do.
What to do and Not to Do – How to be Well Through Natural Healing
If you don’t know by now, pathogens are not the causes of dis-ease. They are a sign, signal or symptom of the true underlining cause; and that cause is The HONSTEC Syndrome. Of all the components of this acronym, E is most vital. E stands for Energy-in-Motion. All life depends on harmonious free flowing energy. After all, without life force energy, we cease to exist.
The other six components of this syndrome are contributing factors to the loss of energy, both at a cellular level and the body in general. Pathogenic organisms are merely opportunistic scavengers attracted to toxic, nutrient imbalanced, dehydrated hosts; humans. Regardless, there are steps they we can take to minimize exposure to and proliferation of these pathogens. Here are a few ideas.
To help avoid any infection, you should first stop doing those things that contribute to sickness and start doing those things that contribute to health. Here is a short list:
1. Eating junk food; fried, preserved, microwaved, cooked-to-death, commercial, pesticide-laden “stuff.” There is no vitality, energy or nutrients to speak of.
2. Drinking soda filled with sugar, phosphoric acid, preservatives, dyes and other toxic chemicals. Sodas are extremely unhealthy.
3. Eating sugar! Sugar is the number one additive that compromises the immune system, creates an acid pH, lowers tissue oxygen and contributes to sickness and dis-ease. If you do eat any sugar at all, you must do something to negate, block or burn it off. Along with soda, sugar contributes to osteoporosis and the loss of vital minerals.
4. Smoking cigarettes, cigars or use of any tobacco.
5. Eating or drinking commercial, pasteurized diary products — especially if you have a lung infection. To the contrary, raw, UNpasteurized diary provides nutrients and healthy probiotics and therefore is good to consume in moderation.
6. Using your cell phone without an ear piece or Bluetooth connection.
7. Drinking alcohol in excess. One portion; glass of wine, beer or drink per day can easily be metabolized by the body and liver without complications, more than that and you risk having problems including dehydration and nutrient depletion.
8. Avoiding the sun. The sun is the single best way to acquire much needed vitamin D3. Do not use sun screen; however, do not get a sun burn.
9. Negative thoughts about you and your life or your friends or loved ones. Negative thoughts are toxic and will help to create sickness and dis-ease. The number one negative emotion is fear. Fear is usually generated from not knowing. Education and taking effect action remove fear.
1. Hydrating the body by drinking at least 64 oz. of pristine distilled water daily with added electrolytic minerals. Add an alkalizer to insure an alkaline pH, negative ionic charge and to neutralize the effects of chlorine.
2. Detoxifying the body on a regular basis.
3. Remineralize and fortify the body with a full complex of mineral supplement.
4. Regulating and normalizing glucose.
5. Modulating the immune system with any one of many foods and products including garlic, onions, horseradish, cruciferous vegetables, Asian mushrooms and more.
6. Relaxing by getting plenty of rest and sleep.
7. Oxygenating through regular, effective exercise.
8. De-Stressing by practicing stress releasing techniques like EFT or the Healing Codes.
9. Washing your hands each time you touch possible contaminated articles and especially after shaking someone’s hand. Wash your hands at least three or more times per day. Do NOT use anti-bacterial soap as this only lowers your resistance to infections over time.
10. Avoiding people that are coughing and sneezing or are obviously sick. Although only sick people get sick there is no need to be heavily exposed.
11. Eating a lot of alkaline foods. Pathogenic organisms typically do NOT thrive in an alkaline environment. Eat and juice the following now and forever:
A. Alkalinizing Vegetables
Alfalfa, Barley Grass, Beets, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard Greens, Chlorella, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Dandelions, Dulce, Edible Flowers, Eggplant, Fermented Veggies, Garlic, Green Beans, Green Peas, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Nightshade Veggies, Onions, Parsnips (caution: high glycemic), Peas, Peppers, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rutabaga, Sea Veggies, Spinach, Spirulina, Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Watercress, Wheat Grass and Wild Greens.
B. Alkalinizing Fruits
Apple, Apricot, Avocado, Banana (caution: high glycemic), Berries, Blackberries, Cantaloupe Cherries (sour), Coconut (fresh), Currants, Dates (dried), Figs (dried), Grapes, Grapefruit, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Lime, Muskmelons, Nectarine, Orange, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Raisins, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Strawberries. Tangerine, Tomato, Tropical Fruits, Umeboshi Plums and Watermelon.
C. Alkalinizing Protein
Almonds, Chestnuts, Millet, Tempeh (fermented), Tofu (fermented), Whey Protein Powder, Super Kamut™.
D. Alkalinizing Other
Apple Cider Vinegar, Bee Pollen, Lecithin Granules, Molasses (blackstrap), Probiotic Cultures, Soured Dairy Products, Green Juices, Veggie Juices, Fresh Fruit Juice, Mineral Water, Alkaline Antioxidant Water.
E. Alkalinizing Sweeteners
Stevia, Xylitol (neutralizes).
F. Alkalinizing Minerals
Cesium: pH 14, Potassium: pH 14, Sodium: pH 14, Calcium: pH 12, Magnesium: pH 9
G. Alkalinizing Spices and Seasonings
Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger, Mustard, Chili Pepper, Sea Salt, Miso, Tamari, All Herbs including the following teas: ginger, cayenne, red clover, etc.
H. Alkalinizing Oriental Vegetables
Maitake, Daikon, Dandelion Root, Shitake, Kombu, Reishi, Nori, Umeboshi, Wakame.
I. Potassium Broth Soup
In a large cooking pot cut up fresh, organic vegetables such as cabbage, celery, potato, onions, garlic, beets, carrots, ginger and others. Pour distilled water to top. Simmer for a couple of hours then screen off the vegetables leaving pure vegetable broth. Drink as much as you want.
Remember, you don’t need to adhere strictly to the alkaline side of the chart, just make sure a good percentage of the foods you eat come from that side. Our bodies are alkaline by design and acid by function. The fluids that make up 75% plus of your body must remain alkaline for you to experience optimal health. Maintaining proper alkalinity is essential for life, health, and vitality. Simply, an imbalance of alkalinity creates a condition favorable to the growth of bacteria, yeast and other unwanted organisms. All leading biochemists and medical physiologists have recognized pH (or the acid-alkaline balance) as the most important aspect of a balanced and healthy body.
*Dr. James Chappell is a retired board certified chiropractic primary physician, traditional naturopath, clinical nutritionist, medical herbalist and master formulator with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Since 1971, he has been an avid health researcher and educator specializing in teaching and incorporating natural healing protocols for chronic, severe and so-called “terminal” illnesses. He does not treat patients or dis-ease. He teaches those interested in advanced natural healing. His books and nutritional products are found throughout the world. His services are sought globally, as well. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org 805-646-1193.