The prospect of using foods to boost metabolism and enhance fat loss may sound bizarre to some, but a number of fat-reducing foods do exist that may be simpler than you think. You see over time, our bodies transition from being constantly craving nutrients and growing to their fully grown adult state. The nutrient hungry phase is driven primarily by the metabolic system, the breaking down of nutrients into a format that our whole body can use for a period of time. In the growing stage of the body, the metabolic system is shifted into overdrive, translating into the real world as an increased desire for food and energy that comes from that food that we eat.
Metabolism factors into the growing equation as the rate at which we digest and convert that food into energy used by the whole body. Unfortunately, that rate slows down vastly by the time we reach full adulthood. The good news is that there are a number of options that can improve your metabolic rate, with some dietary modifications that are both tasty and widely available. Here are 5 foods to boost metabolism that you can begin consuming right away:
Foods to Boost Metabolism for Weight Loss
- Fruit and Vegetables – The consumption of fruit and vegetables may be most important for many people (aside from purified water). Specifically, you can boost metabolism with citrus fruit, apples, pears, and green vegetables high in calcium — such as broccoli and spicy peppers. The calcium and antioxidants found in green vegetables are also beneficial. Peppers are also a great choice for their vitamin C content and capsaicin content. As an added bonus, research has shown that simply consuming more fruit and vegetables in your diet can actually make you more attractive.
- Whole Grains – Grains are literally bursting with nutrients and complex carbohydrates that reduce insulin levels quite drastically. Rather than spiking your energy with simple carbohydrates, whole grain based foods give a sustained energy that most foods with high sugar content cannot.
- Soups – This is a very good alternative when choosing your lunchtime meal, offering a mix of nutrients within the liquid and solid content of the bowl will satisfy without the excess carbohydrates and refined fats that other meals may contain, therefore boosting metabolism without the consumption of a solid food item.
- Green Tea – Full of antioxidants and plenty of nutrients coming straight from the dried green tea plant, green tea is shown in studies to vastly improve metabolism when taken on a daily basis. The benefits are physically ceaseless with green tea, and are becoming a more prominent feature of a healthy lifestyle.
- Spices – Turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, and even cinnamon are all essential when considering a metabolic booster as a part of your diet. Consider implementing them immediately. People that do not include a simple variety of spices in their diets are missing out on some powerful health-enhancing potential that comes simply from the consumption of these delicious spices.
Due to the readily available nature of these foods items, everyone should be able to find each one on the shelf of a local grocery store. Remember to always buy high quality organic whenever possible. If you are looking for various foods to boost metabolism, consider any one or more of these options, and as always drink plenty of pure water as a cornerstone of your diet.
Support natural health: checkout the new Natural Society Natural Health Clothing Line today and fund the message of organic living through our exclusive new designs!