Are you one of countless individuals looking to learn how to improve your eyesight? Poor vision afflicts people worldwide, limiting certain daily activities and leading to expensive prescription glasses and contacts. What if there were a natural way to improve your vision, without prescription glasses or fruitless gimmicks? Try these 4 methods that have been shown to naturally improve eyesight. Backed by research and practical experience, these free methods may be the only thing needed to obtain sharper vision.
How to Improve Your Eyesight – Eyesight Tip #1: Eat Right for Sharp Sight
Our eyes require a number of key nutrients to properly function. Without proper intake of these nutrients, some of the other implemented techniques on how to improve your eyesight may not suffice, and poor vision may follow. For sharper vision, incorporate these dietary powerhouses into your daily nutritional regimen:
- Antioxidants: Beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin protect the macula (a part of the eye that is near the center of the retina) from sun damage. Along with macular protection, foods rich in these nutrients also have been found to prevent age-related macular generation — a leading cause of blindness. Some of these foods include dark leafy greens, egg yolks, yellow peppers, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and carrots.
- DHA (Fish Oil): DHA is a fatty acid that can be found in coldwater fish like wild salmon, krill, and cod. The easiest way to consume DHA is through supplementation. A high-quality mercury-free fish oil supplement will provide structural support for the eyes through strengthening cell membranes.
- Pure water: Water is beneficial for the entire body. Drinking an adequate amount of pure filtered water will prevent total-body dehydration, and subsequently dry eyes.
Eyesight Tip #2: Your Eyes Need Exercise Too
If you want to know how to improve your eyesight, just think about how to stimulate muscle growth. Believe it not, the muscles in your eyes need to be exercised too. In fact, it may be your key to optimal vision. Exercising the eyes has also been found to keep eye “floaters” at bay. Here are some simple exercises that can improve your vision:
- Warm up the eyes: Rub your hands together to create warmth, and then put them over your eyes for 5 seconds. Repeat this process 3 times.
- Roll your eyes: Starting by looking at the ceiling, slowly roll your eyes 10 clockwise and 10 times counter-clockwise.
- Focus: Hold a pen an arm’s length away. Focus your vision on it, and then slowly bring the pen forward until it is about 6 inches away from your nose. Slowly move the pen back to its original position. Repeat this process 10 times.
- Massage your temples: Using the knuckles of your thumbs, gently massage your temples in small circles. Perform the motion in one direction 20 times, and then 20 times once more in the opposite direction.
Eyesight Tip #3: Monitor Your Environment
Many environmental factors contribute to poor vision. Fluorescent lights, computer screens, environmental allergens, chlorine in swimming pools, air conditioning and heating, reading in dim lighting, and constant rubbing of the eyes all play a role in diminishing your vision. In addition, cigarette use increase optic pressure, which can result in a number of damaging consequences.
Eyesight Tip #4: Resting the Right Way
Your eyes need rest. For every 50 minutes spent reading or sitting in front of a computer screen, give your eyes a rest for 10 minutes. Cupping your hands over your closed eyes ensuring that no light is reaching them is a great way to relax them. Be sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night for not only rested and recovered eyes, but a rested and recovered body as well.
Of course these aren’t the only techniques available – feel free to share other methods on how to improve your eyesight if any have worked for you!
Google Plus ProfileAnthony is the Editor of NaturalSociety, producer, consultant, and seeker of truth. Anthony's work has been read by millions worldwide and is routinely featured on major alternative and mainstream news website alike, like the powerful Drudge Report, NaturalNews, Infowars, and many others. Anthony has appeared, oftentimes routinely, on programs like Russia Today (RT), The Alex Jones Show, Coast to Coast AM, and others. Anthony is also a founding member of Natural Attitude and the creator of the independent political website Storyleak