Do you want to know how to improve digestion – naturally? Food should make you feel good; it should provide energy and wellness. But if it doesn’t, don’t worry; there are some very simple solutions that could get things running more smoothly when you’re plagued with digestive problems on a regular basis.
Constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, and heartburn are just a few of the common digestive complaints that plague people. It seems so simple, but the solution to fix these digestive problems lies in changing your dietary habits. Normally, these issues arise when you are either eating something you shouldn’t be, or missing out on something you should be getting.
How to Improve Digestion Naturally
Here are 5 tips to regulate your digestive health.
- 1. Listen to your body – Really pay attention to your body’s signs when you have digestive symptoms, analyzing what you ate that could be triggering the problems. You don’t have to be allergic to a food to be sensitive to it. Wheat gluten and dairy products are two common culprits that can lead to constipation, gas, and cramping. If you suspect a food sensitivity, eliminate the suspected culprit for a period of at least 3 days to determine if your symptoms subside when you go without.
- 2. Add probiotics – Within your body are billions of bacteria, with the majority of them being “good”. These bacteria help to regulate digestion, eliminate toxins, and assist in processing nutrients. A round of antibiotics or a poor diet can throw this ecosystem into unbalance. By adding probiotics into your diet, you can soothe digestive issues, but could prevent infections and potentially even make you more attractive.
- 3. Hydrate – Want to know how to improve digestion? Hydrate! Many people struggle with being regular, and while it’s not a common topic of discussion, it is a common cause of serious discomfort. By drinking plenty of water every single day, you can prevent constipation. While some people opt for tea or water-based beverages, nothing can beat plain water for getting things moving. (The best water comes from a high quality filtration device – don’t overlook this truth).
- 4. Increase zinc consumption – One of the first signs of zinc deficiency is digestive problems. This micronutrient plays an important role in digestion, helping to improve enzyme production, healing intestinal tissue, and protecting the lining of the stomach. You can get more zinc in your diet by adding foods like dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and if you eat meat—roast beef, oysters, and crab.
- 5. Add aloe vera – Aloe vera isn’t just good for cuts and scrapes, it’s a healthy internal healer as well. Irritable bowel syndrome, marked by an array of digestive problems can be successfully treated with aloe vera juice. In addition, it’s great for your immune system, has anti-inflammatory properties, and growing aloe vera is easy.
2 thoughts on “How to Improve Digestion Naturally with 5 Simple Tips”
My friend suffers heart burn when he drinks fresh water but if he adds some kind of flavoring like green tea or the likes he has no acid reaction problems at all.
Do you have any suggestions ?
Please note he has his own well water via a membrane filter and uses Ozone to disinfect
I've found that doing organ cleanses and colon cleanses improves digestion. I also used to eat more raw food and found out from an acupuncturist that I do better with warm foods, such as bone broths, steamed veggies instead of raw, etc.