In a world full of toxins from oil spills, the spoils of war, chemtrails, GMO, and numerous other environmental toxins, it behooves us to boost our immunity in as many ways as possible. Reducing stress levels and getting enough sleep are a great way to start, but there are some great natural herbs that can boost our natural immune response, and one of them is the Chinese herb astragalus.
Known as Huang Qi in Chinese medicine, astragalus root has long been used by Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners as a general tonic, to strengthen and energize the body, to help resolve colds and upper respiratory infections, and to strengthen and regulate the immune system. It is among the most widely used herbs in Chinese Medicine and has recently garnered the interest of western science for its potential to boost immunity and lessen side effects of chemotherapy.
It stimulates the immune system but also supports numerous internal organs, including the spleen, liver, lungs, respiratory system, circulatory system and urinary system. You could call astragalus an overall body tonic.
According to a University of Maryland study, astragalus is very effective in treating the number one cause of the death in the US, too – heart disease. Additionally, the root may be a sound solution for issues like cancer and diabetes. It has antiviral properties, as well as energy boosting qualities. It is also an adaptogen – which means it adapts to support your body in whatever way it needs.
Astragalus has all of these other amazing ways to support our health as well – here are some astragalus benefits:
- Reduces cardiovascular disease
- Supports healing from chronic viral hepatitis
- Antibacterial qualities makes it great for healing the common cold or flu
- Can be used as a topical remedy for healing open sores or wounds
- May help an athlete to utilize oxygen better, thereby helping recovery after workouts and supporting energy levels during them
- Helpful in the treatment of diabetes
- Lessens asthmatic symptoms
- Free radical protection
- Slows aging process
- Helpful in treating kidney disease
- Treats Anemia
- Lessens seasonal allergies
Adults can take just 200-500 mg of Astragalus three times a day to receive the most benefits. It has no known side effects.