Home Remedies for Warts
Warts are a common yet seriously unwanted condition that is often treated by cutting, freezing, or burning the affected areas. In addition to being highly painful, this method is also known to be wildly ineffective when compared to natural solutions. A number of home remedies for warts do exist that have been used by alternative health practitioners and caretakers for countless decades, which are now available to you to utilize for your own healing purposes.
Home Remedies for Warts – Natural Alternatives
Here are some tested and proven home remedies for warts to get rid of warts the natural way.
- Apple cider vinegar – Using apple cider vinegar is a simple technique that also yields many other health benefits. You may already have some apple cider vinegar in your household, just make sure it is high quality organic and contains ‘the mother’. Simply apply it directly on the wart using a cotton ball or swab every 12 hours so that the healing process continues. It is also necessary to cover it with bandage. This is but one of many apple cider vinegar cures.
- Garlic – Each night before bed, crush up a clove of garlic, rub it on the wart, and apply a bandage. Additionally, cover the wart with juice from garlic twice a day.
- Baking soda – Try sprinkling some baking soda on the area, then apply vinegar. Do this each morning and each night until the wart goes away. When using baking soda, it is necessary to add some water so that it becomes pasty. Once the right consistency is achieved, apply it to the wart and cover it with tape or a bandage.
- Hydrogen peroxide – This substance is highly effective in fighting off warts and can be combined with other techniques.
- Banana – Use a piece of banana peel to rub on the wart. Use a bandage to keep it on, and replace the peel slice daily until the wart is gone.
- Tea tree oil – Applying tea tree regularly for 7 to 10 days should cause the wart to gradually fade.
Of course not every home remedy will work 100% of the time or for every single person, but what’s great about home remedies is that the healing ingredients can be found within your own home. Give different home remedies a chance; using these methods will not only eliminate the warts but also help you to save money on expensive and oftentimes faulty dermatological treatments. And remember, share which home remedies for warts work and don’t work for you with others so that natural alternatives continue to be passed down!
Natural Society staff contribution