It has been shown again and again that cancer cannot grow in an alkaline body. Cancer, in fact, thrives, in an acidic, inflammatory, oxygen-poor environment. Sadly, many of the foods we eat every day are acidic and cause, you guessed it, cancer-fueling inflammation. Why not turn that habit on its head right now by making your own super easy, fabulously healthy anti-cancer smoothie? The ingredients are below.
The recipe is easy enough that you could keep these ingredients on hand and make yourself a cancer-preventing smoothie anytime. You can even freeze the juice into popsicles to enjoy on the go. Simply throw everything in a blender and you’ve got an easy, inexpensive cancer-fighting treat:
Ingredients for a Cancer-Prevention Smoothie
- 2 handfuls of organic kale
- 1 cup of frozen organic strawberries (or any other fruit high in vitamin C)
- 1 ½ cups of coconut water
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of hemp oil
Read 5 Foods to Eat for Cancer Prevention
What’s so powerful about this simple recipe? The secret is in its active ingredients and phytonutrients. For example:
- 1. Kale – A member of the cruciferous vegetable class, kale contain natural antiangiogenic molecules like brassinin, indole-3-carbinol, quercetin, lutein, sulforaphane, and kaempferol. Research on cruciferous vegetables highlights several aspects that lower cancer risk, including glucosinolates, crambene, indole-3-carbinol, and especially, isothiocyanates (which are derived from glucosinolates). These compounds found in vegetables like kale have been linked to cancer prevention repeatedly.
- 2. Strawberries – These little red lovelies can halt cancer cell growth fast. Research, carried out by Ohio State University, showed that freeze-dried strawberries slowed the growth of dysplastic, or precancerous, lesions in about 30 people who consumed the fruit for six months. Needless to say, many other fruit, such as the guyabano fruit, blueberries, apples, and cranberries, also harness cancer-fighting compounds. You can watch this video from NutritionFacts.org to compare cancer-fighting qualities of different common fruits.
- 3. Coconut – Many lab tests have found that coconuts kill cancer cells. They have also been used to treat candida, which many believe is just another breeding ground for cancer. One woman has even recovered from brain cancer utilizing healthy fats in a ketogenic diet; coconuts were a big source of those healthy fats.
- 4. Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are considered lignans, which may help to prevent cancer. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids as ell, which are known cancer-protective compounds.
- 5. Hemp Oil – Harvard has found that THC and other compounds in cannabis cut cancerous tumor growth rates in half. Just ask Rick Simpson about using hemp oil to treat cancer; he is the most well-known individual of them all who has utilized cannabis for its healing potential. He was once given six months to live after a cancer diagnosis, and after being what he calls a ‘chemical zombie’ for years, he turned to hemp as an essential oil to treat himself.
If you enjoy this recipe, please make sure to pass it along! And check out this chlorophyll-rich, blood-building green juice smoothie!
11 thoughts on “5 Immune-Boosting Ingredients for an Anti-Cancer Smoothie”
How often should you consume this smoothie for it to be effective? Purchased ingredients and had my first smoothie yesterday. Ingredients are expensive.
If cancer prevention is high priority, I’d say as often as your budget and taste buds allow. There are many potent variations to keep your taste interested (investigate David Wolfe’s cutting edge video smoothie demos). The ingredients, even more expensive ones like medicinal mushrooms, and even over years, are far less expensive than insurance premiums and then being tossed onto the allopathic conveyor belt of toxic cancer treatments, loss of life quality and bankruptcy despite the insurance. I’m not an economics major but that’s what my intuition tells me.
I’ve got my son addicted to these smoothies! Thank God! It’s much better than cookies, candy and the like. 🙂 It’s a little different than yours and a little quicker. It’s a strawberry banana anticancer smoothie. You can see the post I wrote about it here
I give the recipe and a bit of info on berries and the dirty dozen. Gonna try something different soon. Maybe I’ll put in some vanilla bean. 🙂
Um, I’m just thinking now……how do I get hemp oil?
Hemp oil is sold in most health food stores and some grocery shops, you just have to look for it, its usually stores in a refrigerator, so you will not find it on the shelves.
Just ask or call the store before.
This part of the article is misinformed. There is a difference between Hemp oil from the grocery store vs the hemp oil she is referring to from Rick Simpson! Hemp seed oil from the store contains no THC!! It is made from HEMP– high in protein, mega -3 & omega-6 and many other minerals and vitamins. Rick Simpsons hemp oil is made from CANNABIS (marijuana) that does contain THC! There is a BIG difference between the two!!! THC is what will make you fail a drug test! Rick Simpsons hemp oil is made into a super concentrated oil from extractions of the marijuana plant , is thick and dark like used motor oil. Hemp oil from the store is similar to olive oil & made from pressed Hemp Seeds!
Makes sense, So how can one obtain this oil??
The key is not just drinking these smoothies once a day and expecting an overnight miracle, you MUST also follow it with a 100% rich healthy diet designed to boost the immune system, otherwise you are just peeing in a barrel if your regular diet is not 100% healthy.
The biggest challenge is that most people have very little clue on what exactly is a healthy diet. For example very little people realize that our diets are filled mainly with cheap food-fillers that are there because they are (or were) a cheap way to fill up quickly, (ie; pasta, rice, potato, bread)
These food-fillers, though of course do have some nutrients, they are not so significant and really the main reasons people around the world originally adopted these cheap carbs and starches was because of their $ value not nutrients.
To eat truly healthy one has to always measure the bang in the total nutritional value that you are getting from the ingredients in a meal.
For example you can make an all organic pasta dish, or you can mke a nice organic Salad with lots of powerful ingredients like Kale, Spinach, Sprouts, etc, OR make a super smoothie with Superfood ingredients like Spirulina, Chia seeds, real coconut water, HEMP oil Hemp powder, etc…
The problem is that most people block themselves, thinking that high quality food are just too expensive, and yes compare to low quality food they are about double, but the same people have no problem justifying a $20k or more new car, that new iPhone, or that beautiful new shoe to add to their collection of 30 other shoes, yet when it comes to our bodies we somehow can’t justify paying a little more! This totally bothers me.
Besides, when you “invest” in a healthy diet, the rewards are far greater than any material you own… You will look younger, feel 100x better, boost of energy and health, and savings in medications, including simple as pain killers which most people spend an average of 15$ amonth on.
You need to make clear that when rick simpson is talking about ‘hemp oil’ he is talking about cannabis oil, oil extratced from cannabis plants high in thc, CBD is another cannabinoid that is good to help fight against cancer. Worth reading up on, lots of info out there.
Pleas emake peopel aware of the differece between help seed oil and the hemp oil rick simpson talks about.
Yes, the person who wrote this article is showing her ignorance about hemp oil. The hemp oil you purchase in stores does nothing to heal cancer.
My brother has just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and i have desperately been looking for juices and organic eats to help besides the treatment he is yet to start receiving. I will be getting these ingredients today and adding this smoothie to his diet. Can anyone tell me where else or what else would be beneficiary for him to eat or drink? Thank you !