Water Fluoridation Persists Despite Being Unhealthy for Infants
Recently, the Senate has taken up an issue that may actually benefit the general public – this time specifically, it’s regarding the mass medication that is omnipresent in everyone’s water supply, sodium fluoride. The largest state legislature in the US recently passed a bill that requires all water bills to warn parents with infants of the dangers revolving around fluoride and water fluoridation- but only associated with infancy and excluding just about everyone else, to no great surprise.
Fluoride Exposure to Infants is Unhealthy, Water Fluoridation Persists
The warning reads as follows:
“Your public water supply is fluoridated. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, if your child under the age of 6 months is exclusively consuming infant formula reconstituted with fluoridated water, there may be an increased chance of dental fluorosis. Consult your child’s health care provider for more information.”
The primary cause for this action is because of a heightened risk of dental fluorosis in children – basically a fluoride overdose. What they don’t tell you is that the ‘medication’ also affects the many other organ compositions in your body, not just your teeth, and not just for infants. Generally the CDC will support water fluoridation but this action warning in particular strikes a chord with the agency, forcing it to admit that fluoridated water mixed with baby formula is dangerous for the teeth which are supposed to be developing.
The CDC’s website suggests that:
“Recent evidence suggests that mixing powdered or liquid infant formula concentrate with fluoridated water on a regular basis may increase the chance of a child developing … enamel fluorosis […] in children younger than 8 years of age, combined fluoride exposure from all sources – water, food, toothpaste, mouth rinse, or other products – contributes to enamel fluorosis.”
This may be a step in the right direction, and thankfully New Hampshire is leading the charge with their recent mandate. Soon enough other states will take the reins into their own hands and change their own water fluoridation rules – at least that is the prevailing idea.
If you didn’t already know, there is a compiled list of facts that everyone should know about the so-called medication that everybody – infants and adults alike – are taking part of:
- Since infants rely primarily on liquid foods and are very small in size, they receive the highest doses of fluoride if bottle-fed. Fluoride exposure could be as much as 175 more for a baby fed formula compared to a breast-fed baby.
- In 1977, it was shown that water fluoridation caused about 10,000 cancer deaths in epidemiological studies by Dr. Dean Burk, former head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute and Yiamouyiannis
- Fluoride is not required by any bodily process.
- Research conducted by the Cochrane Oral Health Group has yet again shown that fluoride supplements are ineffective at reducing tooth decay in primary teeth.
- Water fluoridation can not replace adequate nutrition or lack of access to dental care, and therefore is not a sound solution in general.
- Water fluoridation is a violation of your individual right to informed consent to medication.
- The chemicals used to fluoridate water supplies are largely hazardous by-products of the fertilizer industry and have never been required to undergo randomized clinical trials for safety or effectiveness by any regulatory agency in the world.
- Vitamin D rises above fluoride as a solution on how to prevent cavities.
- Fluoride for purposes of reducing tooth decay is classified as an “unapproved drug” by the FDA.
- Ingesting fluoride has been found to damage soft tissues (brain, kidneys, and endocrine system), as well as teeth (dental fluorosis) and bones (skeletal fluorosis).