10 Tips for Achieving Healthy Hair Using Natural Solutions
Apple Cider Vinegar
Everyone wants a healthy, thick head of hair, but too many individuals are turning to the pharmacy for solutions. These expensive pharmaceutical treatments may temporarily help your hair by coating it with various (often-harmful) ingredients, but their effects rarely last long. Instead, treating your hair with a healthy diet and natural topical solutions can ensure you have healthy locks for years to come.
Healthy Hair from the Inside:
When it comes to the health of any part of your body, diet is key. The same can be said for hair, as nutritional deficiencies often manifest themselves in your hair. By incorporating the following foods and nutrients, your hair will be strong and healthy:
- 1. Water – Hydrate every day. This isn’t only good for your hair, skin, and nails, but for your total body health.
- 2. Omega-3 Fats – Get plenty of these fats, found in fatty fish, walnuts, and flax. They will help keep your hair shiny and your scalp healthy.
- 3. Zinc – Zinc strengthens your hair; it smoothes the surface and helps make it shine. Find it in dark chocolate and pumpkin seeds.
- 4. B Vitamins – B vitamins can reduce hair loss and increase growth. They are found in animal products.
- 5. Selenium – Often used in hair loss formulas, selenium is a trace mineral you can get from brazil nuts, cod, and tuna.
Healthy Hair from the Outside:
When your diet for healthy hair is on track, you can use other natural remedies for external or topical hair solutions. Many of these are things you should already have in your kitchen or can easily get from the grocery store.
- 1. Honey – Apply about a half-cup of honey to your hair and let sit for 20 minutes. It’s a natural moisturizer and is perfect if you suffer from dry hair.
- 2. Coconut Oil – This is another good solution for dry hair. Use it as a conditioner and then rinse thoroughly.
- 3. Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is a great for removing excess oils and softening hair. Use it as a rinse and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. Don’t worry about the smell, it will disappear by the time your hair dries.
- 4. Baking Soda – A great idea for oily scalp, baking soda can remove dandruff and flakes while balancing the condition of your scalp. Dilute it in water and then pour over your head. Allow it to work for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse.
Naturally healthy hair is definitely achievable, but you can’t slather on expensive creams without paying attention to the cause of your hair woes. Instead, balance your diet and seek natural hair alternatives.