Can’t Obtain Health-Boosting Raw Milk? Try a Supplement Called Lactoferrin
If you’d like to experience the health benefits of raw milk but the hassle of getting raw milk is beyond your capabilities, or if it is legally impossible where you live, here’s a solution that is not illegal anywhere. The final supplement powdered form is called lactoferrin, a supplement approved by the same organization cracking down on raw milk – the FDA.
Lactoferrin has its highest content in mother’s first milk from human breast feeding and colostrum from cows. Colostrum, the first milk produced after a baby is born, is what provides immunity protection for firstborns.
The cows need to be humanely raised and grass or alfalfa-fed. Those cows should also be free from antibiotic and hormone injections. The milk needs to be pure and clean, but not pasteurized. Heat destroys most of milk’s beneficial nutrients, enzymes, and microbes. Many health experts consider pasteurized milk toxic. After pasteurized heating, healthy bacteria (probiotic) and proteins are eliminated but the other toxins remain.
About Lactoferrin and it’s Benefits
Lactoferrin remains in cow’s milk after the baby calf’s early nursing period, but in lower concentrations. Circa 1960, a method of extracting pure lactoferrin was created, and the studies began that have led to discovering a plethora of health benefits.
This new supplement has been created and is available anywhere. The largest source of colostrum for lactoferrin seems to be New Zealand. If obtaining colostrum or raw milk is impossible for logistical, financial or legal reasons, you can obtain lactoferrin in capsules from some health food stores, or less expensively, online.
Related Read: Goat Milk vs. Cow Milk
Here are some health benefits of colostrum and lactoferrin.
- As part of colostrum’s “first milk” for human and bovine infants, lactoferrin confers increased immunity protection to support their not fully developed immune systems. It’s part of the cytokine family, providing an immune booster for anyone. Cytokines coordinate appropriate cellular chemical responses to pathogenic invasions or other unusual activity.
- Concentrated enough in one’s blood, lactoferrin is antiviral, antibacterial (to only the bad bacteria), and anti-fungal. It also kills parasites.
- Lactoferrin is able to crack the cell walls of bacteria with tough outer cell walls, which are able to evade some antibiotics. This could be helpful for someone who has a difficult bacterial infection and wishes to avoid long term antibiotic use.
- Lactoferrin slows or prevents tumor growth. It modulates cell growth.
- Lactoferrin speeds up recovery from diseases, especially infectious diseases.
- Lactoferrin is an antioxidant. It scavenges free radicals from iron while ensuring cells are getting sufficient iron nutrition.
- According to recent research, lactoferrin can prevent or reverse osteoporosis without the dangerous side effects of bisphosphonate drugs. There are many reports of bones breaking too easily after using Big Pharma’s bisphosphonate drugs for osteoporosis.
- Lactoferrin also enhances iron cellular uptake while providing protection against toxicity from too much iron
All of these benefits and more are without negative side effects. And the same supplement is also antiviral and antifungal. It’s a concentrated immune enhancer. In today’s toxic world, lactoferrin goes a long way to help create and maintain good health.