Some people practice veganism, some vegetarianism, and some try every kind of diet in existence. There is no doubt that there are benefits to each of these lifestyle choices, but there is no need to visit dietary extremes to reclaim your health. What’s most important is to choose organic, whole, natural foods rich in nutrition and void of questionable ingredients. Want to learn how to get off the pharma meds and feel vibrant and healthy? Check out a TEDx video below to discover how people are using nutritional science to achieve better health.
Joel Fuhrman, M.D., is a board-certified family physician, New York Times best-selling author, and nutritional researcher who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods. He is an internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing. He advocates what’s called a ‘nutritarian diet,’ which is essentially a diet encompassing whole, natural organic foods rich in nutrients, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. Though there are specific steps to follow.
This kind of diet not only prevents disease, but also halts food addictions and cravings sparked by numerous ingredients found in processed foods.
The average American diet is currently made up of 55% processed foods, 30% animal products, and dismal amounts of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. This is the antithesis of a diet that promotes healing and longevity.
Some Basics of Nutritarian Diet:
- 1. Eat a large salad every day as your main dish.
- 2. Eat at least a half cup, but preferably closer to 1 cup, of beans a day.
- 3. Eat one large (double-size) serving of lightly steamed green vegetables a day.
- 4. Eat at least 1 ounce of nuts and seeds per day if you’re female and at least 1.5 ounces of nuts and seeds per day if you’re male.
- 5. Eat mushrooms and onions every day.
- 6. Eat three fresh fruits each day.
What would probably happen if everyone adopted a diet like this?
- The healthcare crisis may come to a halt, saving billions of dollars on medical expenses.
- Premature death rates would lower dramatically.
- Rates for various diseases such as of heart disease, stroke, dementia, and cancer would be cut by up to 80%.
- Fewer individuals would be in nursing homes. We would have fewer stroke victims, and fewer elderly people suffering from dementia.
Watch as he shows you 6 real-life cases of just how powerful food as medicine can be.
Mike is the co-founder, editor, and researcher behind Natural Society. Studying the work of top natural health activists, and writing special reports for top 10 alternative health websites, Mike has written hundreds of articles and pages on how to obtain optimum wellness through natural health.