Natural Society

Coconut Water Benefits

Coconut water is not only delicious, but this hydrating treat also comes with a number of serious health benefits. A clear, light, liquid that is a favorite of many in hotter climates, coconut water is extracted from young, green coconuts that have not yet reached maturity. In fact, the content of coconut water is about 95% water — the other 5% is full of powerful nutrients and other beneficial substances. It is also important to ensure that you are utilizing the proper coconut in order to reap coconut water benefits.

You should look for coconuts that are not only white but smooth and pointed on one end in particular. Of course coconuts of this type are not the ‘traditional’ kind you may usually see in the grocery store or local produce market. These ‘traditional’ coconuts (the kind you don’t want) are brown and contain many small hairs. This is essential to preparing the right kind of coconut water — the kind from which the most coconut water benefits will be experienced. While the positive characteristics are many, research shows coconut water is beneficial due to:

Coconut water benefits are many, and the hydrating substance presents itself as an excellent alternative to sports drinks and a delicious way to improve your health and slash your blood pressure. This is the reason that coconut water is treasured in many tropical cultures for its healing properties and refreshing qualities. Hawaiians actually call coconut water “noelani,” which means “dew from the heavens.”